Looking for an ultra short throw projector? Wondering which one is the best? Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we will rank and review seven of the best ultra short throw projectors on the market. We’ll be discussing features, advantages, disadvantages, and pricing. Whether you’re looking for a home theater projector or one for your office, we’ve got you covered.
My Top 3 Picks
If you have no time to read the entire blog, here are my top three picks.
Optoma CinemaX P2
- Up to 120″ screen
- Bulb Life span of 30,000 hours
- 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- HDR 10
- 3,000 ANSI lumens
Hisense L9 Series
- Massive 100-inch Ambient Light Rejecting (ALR) screen
- Bulb Life span of 25,000 hours
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- 4K HDR
- 3,000 ANSI lumens
- Up to a 150-inch screen
- Harman Kardon soundbar
- Android TV
- 1800 ANSI lumens
What are the Best Ultra Short Throw Projectors of 2022?
- Optoma CinemaX P2
- Samsung The Premiere LSP7T
- Hisense L9 Series TriChroma Laser TV
- LG CineBeam HU715Q
- BenQ V7050i 4K Laser TV Projector
- VAVA 4K UHD
- Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300
1. Optoma CinemaX P2
Optoma CinemaX P2 is a versatile ultra short throw projector that is perfect for home theaters and offices. With Optoma Smart+ on board, it can connect seamlessly with thousands of other smart devices. For example, the CinemaX P2 can be programmed to mute when your smart doorbell rings. It also features a built-in speaker, giving you the option to use it without an external sound system.
- Ultra short throw ratio can deliver a 120″ big screen only inches away from your wall.
- Laser light source with a lifespan of up to 30,000 hours.
- The 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio provides excellent picture quality. With perfect definition, the 3,000 ANSI lumens and continuous output of this projector allow you to see even the tiniest details.
- Stunning HDR 10 performance. Brightest Whites, Deepest Darks, and Lifelike Color.
- Premium Sound with Dolby Digital 2.0. Built-in Bluetooth speaker.
The Optoma CinemaX P2 is a great projector for those who are looking for a bright versatile UST projector option. It has a variety of features that make it perfect for both bright rooms and connected homes.
2. Samsung The Premiere LSP7T
Samsung The Premiere LSP7T is a premium ultra short throw projector. Powered by the Tizen operating system this projector delivers not only excellent picture quality but also a full smart TV experience. And with AirPlay 2 built-in you can watch all your Apple TV content.
- 4K UHD Ultra Bright Laser
- Cutting edge laser technology and 4K resolution deliver cinema-like picture and contrast with 2200 lumens.
- Smart TV Powered by Tizen TM
- The Premiere is the world’s first HDR10+ certified projector for realistic, vibrant viewing.
- Elevate your home theater experience with a 2.2 channel system, the powerful subwoofer and 30W speakers deliver a room filling sound.
- Multiple Voice Assistants
The Samsung The Premiere LSPT is a great laser projector for those looking for an all-in-one solution. While Tizen delivers all the streaming services, the cutting edge laser technology makes it one of the best performing laser projectors on the market. It’s a premium product with a price tag to match but delivers on features and performance.
3. Hisense L9 Series TriChroma Laser TV
The Hisense L9 Laser TV is a ultra short throw projector that delivers stunning visuals in a compact design. It has a native resolution of 4K is crystal clear on its included 100-inch projection screen. The projector also features HDR technology, which helps to create richer and more detailed images.
It also includes built-in Wi-Fi and supports both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa voice assistants.
- The L9G uses pure red, green, and blue lasers to achieve new levels of color performance, reaching 107% of the BT.2020 color space that’s more color than you’ve ever seen on a TV.
- The massive 100-inch Ambient Light Rejecting (ALR) screen produces incredible picture clarity in both dark and well-lit spaces and is perfectly paired with the L9G. Get ready to take family movie night, your next streaming binge, or gaming with the boys to a whole new level.
- With built-in 40W Dolby Atmos sound, L9G is a big soundstage upgrade over those tinny speakers in your last TV.
- The L9G has a peak beam intensity of 3000 Lumens, which means all of your 4K HDR movies will have those sparkling highlights, vivid colors, and enormous blacks that make everything pop off the screen.
- X-Fusion™ laser light technology provides up to 25,000 hours of entertainment without any loss in laser performance. And forget LED projectors with their silly warm-up time – the L9G has instant-on laser light to set the perfect picture immediately.
If you are looking for an excellent short throw projector with great picture quality, then the Hisense L9 Series TriChroma Laser TV is a good option to consider. It’s not perfect, but it’s still one of the better projectors on the market. At $4999 it is one of the most exsepnsive options on this list but the included screen makes it a tempting all-in-one option.
4. LG CineBeam HU715Q
LG has stepped into the UST projector game with its LG CineBeam HU715Q. This sleek design houses a DLP engine that supports HDR content and produces an image up to 120 inches diagonally. Its excellent 0.22 throw ratio allows the projector to be set very close to the wall.
- 2500 lumens of brightness for a clear picture
- 120-inch display for a large viewing area
- New speaker design for better sound quality reduced screen and sound shake for a better experience
- Built-in 20W+20W Stereo
- Apple AirPlay 2 & HomeKit
The LG CineBeam HU715Q is great for those who are looking for large image size and don’t mind spending a little extra. It has some great features like Apple AirPlay support and a new speaker design. However, this laser projector doesn’t have the brightest image on the market.
5. BenQ V7050i 4K Laser TV Projector
The BenQ V7050i is a UST projector that delivers stunning visuals in a compact design. The projector features HDR technology, which helps to create richer and more detailed images. Access Google-certified Android TV and Google Play store.
- Automatic sunroof design keeps the lens of this laser projector clean
- 2500 ANSI produces a brighter image
- Features HDR technology for richer and more detailed images
- Access Google-certified Android TV and Google Play store
- BenQ exclusive color management system for accurate colors
- Throw ratio of 0.252
The BenQ V7050i is a great short throw projector for those who are looking for a compact package and an automatic sunroof design that keeps the lens clean.
6. VAVA 4K UHD Smart Ultra Short Throw Laser TV Home Theater Projector
The best ultra short throw projector 4k 2022, VAVA has one of the largest projections of all UST laser projectors, being able to fill up to a 150-inch projection screen. And with its very wide angle lens, it can be placed a mere 7 inches from the wall. An integrated Harman Kardon soundbar delivers incredible audio.
- Can project up to a 150-inch screen
- 1800 lumens delivering stunning picture quality
- Integrated sound system with a Harman Kardon soundbar
- HDR compatible for richer and more detailed images
- Android TV operating system for access to thousands of apps
- Throw ratio of 0.233
If you are looking for UST projectors that can produce such a large image while still maintaining great image quality the VAVA 4K may be the one for you.
7. Epson EpiqVision Ultra LS300
With a simple, contemporary design, the Epson EpiqVision LS300 laser projector is designed to beautifully complement any home style. This 4k ultra short throw projector has an extremely bright light source, producing an incredible image quality even in bright ambient light environments.
- Stunning Picture Quality up to 120″
- Built-in sound system developed by Yamaha
- Built-in Android TV
- Elegant Design with simplicity in mind
- 3600 lumens delivers an immersive, bright viewing experience
The Epson EpiqVision LS300 is a great short throw projector for those who are looking for an elegant design and simplicity. It has an extremely bright light source, producing an incredible image quality even in bright ambient light environments and the integrated sound system developed by Yamaha packs a punch.
While UST projectors are generally more expensive this cost could be well worth it if your main goal is to have a large screen size without taking up a lot of space. These projectors can produce an image that is just as good if not better than their traditional counterparts. The ability to produce up to a 150-inch screen from a incredably compact laser projector can transform any room into a in-home theater.
My pick for the best UST projector is the Optoma CinemaX P2. The combination of price to performance really makes this this UST laser projector stand out from the rest. With 3000 Lumens it gets bright enough for brighter rooms and Its smart connectivity integration is perfect for modern homes.
Yes. Short throw and UST projectors both come in 4K versions. 4K resolution is recommended if you want the best image quality especially at a larger image size.
Short throw projectors are designed to sit farther away from the screen than ultra short throw projectors, and they typically do not have as high of a resolution. Ultra short throw projectors are designed to be placed very close to the screen, and they usually have a higher resolution than short throw projectors.
What are ultra short throw laser projectors?
Ultra short throw projectors are projectors that sit near the projection location and are a fantastic alternative to big-screen TVs. Unlike standard projectors, UST projectors use wide-angle lenses and mirrors to transmit an image from a close distance. Because they employ laser technology, these projectors operate well in areas with lots of ambient light, making them ideal for family rooms. Most come with built-in sound systems making them a all-in-one movie package. Smart functionality on most projectors makes watching Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video and even using Google Assistant a breeze.
An ultra short throw projector can be a great addition to your home theater setup, especially if you have limited space. They are typically more expensive than short throw projectors, but they offer many benefits that make them worth the investment. Some of the top features to look for when purchasing an ultra short throw projector include a high resolution, high lumen output, screen size, and throw ratios . Depending on your needs, there are many great ultra short throw projectors to choose from. Find more info on the best home entertainment ideas you should consider when building a house here.